Saturday, July 14, 2012

Michael Boden - Parallel Worlds


The Effect:

Parallel Worlds is my variation on an effect that I learned over 20 years ago. The original name of the effect and its originator were not found after considerable research, but if and when I find it or it is brought to my attention I will give full credit for the inspirational source. 

My variations to the original effect were put into place to make the visual and mental flow (for the spectator) more seamless between the physical and verbal misdirection needed to accomplish this effect. 

My variation contributions were replacing a top and bottom milk shuffle pull off with a straightforward direct count and replacing the multiple slip cuts (difficult to do with a small packet of cards) with honest straight cuts. Routine structure was also altered to maximize continuity of thought for the spectators. 

These vary simple variations from the original effect I feel vastly improves the depth of deceit for the spectators and ease of handling for the performer. 

"Parallel Worlds" uses only 20 cards, which makes this effect a wonderful scaled down version of the original "Out of This World" by Paul Curry. I find it perfect to perform when your not quite sure if the audience's attention span will warrant performing a full deck version. Because "Parallel Worlds" is based upon an entirely different method, you are safe in following it up later on with your favorite full deck version. 

I have found that by using JUMBO cards instead of regular size that the effect plays even bigger visually (not pun intended) as they cover the entire tabletop with a dramatic climax. Using Jumbo Cards does not impair the handling and it also rules out the possibility of using sleight of hand for the spectators. 

There has been many parallel versions of "Out of This World" created since the Paul Curry original and I think that once you perform "Parallel Worlds", another out of this world experience will be added to your performing repertoire. 

"A special thank you to all the staff at Hocus-Pocus for helping me bring you this FREE TUTORIAl".
-Michael Boden


Online Tutorial:

Password: password321

(Dear lovely friends, we need you click  the "(BANNER)" below to support us!)

Share
(Share this post and Send Email to freemagic2u@gmail.com get a FREE MAGIC DVD.)

0 comments: